POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov crash->debug? : Re: pov crash->debug? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov crash->debug?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Jun 2004 13:45:32
Message: <40cf35bc@news.povray.org>
In article <40cf0a0b$1@news.povray.org> , "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet>
wrote:

> Pressing "debug" doesn't do anything. it simply redraws the dialog box. so
> i'm forced to click "OK" and pov finishes crashing. Now, i'd like to have
> debug work. I'd assume that it would open up a stack trace, or some kind of
> debugger where i might get some juicy information to pass along to the pov
> team. I couldn't replicate this bug on a different win2k machine, and I
> assume not many poeple run WinME.

That dialog and debug button are not from POV-Ray!  They are from the
system, more precisely, you have some development tools (most likely from
Microsoft) installed, and those make the system offer you to debug any
application that crashes.  However, that only makes sense for your own
applications.  Usually that button does nothing elsewhere.  And, as said, it
is not a dialog or button controlled by the application!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde